SAVE THE CHILDREN International in Cote d’Ivoire recruits a:
(01) ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
National Post based in Abidjan.
The Administrative Officer will manage administrative services at the REVE project headquarters in Abidjan. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), s/he will support the administrative, budgetary, and financial and human resources needs of the office, this may include health and safety needs, office space, meeting locations and scheduling.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), He / she will:
- To provide administrative support to the REVE staff specially the COP, Program and Technical Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Finance/Grants Compliance DCOP, MEAL Manager to undertake office telephone reception, including taking messages for the staff.
- To operate manual and computerized office systems, for example filing papers and maintaining databases.
- To undertake general office duties, for example: in liaison with the SC Admin Officer to maintain and review all REVE insurances, service contracts and agreements.
- To assist the COP and DCOPs with maintaining Health and Safety standards and identifying any hazards or risks.
- With SC Admin Manager, to hold the budget for routine stationery and office supplies, and to ensure that REVE achieves best value for money on these purchases, travel and hotel bookings.
- Developing and overseeing shared diary and planning systems, central filing system, and intranet and publications library.
- To act as Fire Warden and/or First Aider if required
- To liaise with SC Admin Manager with regards to events/booking of meeting rooms; maintain excellent working relationships with Partners and other Organizations.
- Lead the operational, organizational aspect of the preparation of External/Internal Meetings and Events – for example to ensure that attendance list is always available
- To assist with the organization of conferences, seminars and other events on behalf of REVE including meetings minutes.
- To assist with the organization of REVE and Staff Meetings
- To be the first point of contact for the COP and DCOPs and keep their diaries/arrange meetings
- To perform secretarial functions, including drafting and typing letters, memos and other documents
NB: This list is not meant to be exhaustive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (BTS/ Licence 3) with professional experience in Administration
- Proven experience working in an administration or operational role.
- Proven office organizational and file management skills, strong ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated high computer literacy: particularly with programs in Microsoft Office/cloud computing.
- Understanding of computer software programs and excellent IT knowledge and skills including networking, databases, email etc.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment showing sensitivity to people from English speaking backgrounds.
- Understanding of and ability to work with policies and procedures of an organization.
- Well-developed writing skills.
- Good personal skills such as: communication; teamwork; self-motivation; demonstrable initiative and attention to detail.
- An ability to prioritize, plan and organize work in a busy environment.
- An understanding of health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organizational requirements.
- Knowledge of another language in addition to French, especially English will be an advantage
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year, renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children in Cote d’Ivoire currently operates in 5 field bases (Abengourou, Abidjan, Bouake, Man and Odienne). SC Cote d’Ivoire has over 165 staff. The amount of 2018 active grants for SC Cote d’Ivoire is currently about $20M implemented with 40 active partnes (both national and international).
Please send us your application by mail only (including a cover letter, CV and copies of diplomas including current salary details and expectation as a non-compressed single document, in Word or PDF. The file must be renamed: first name_surname_Reference: RH0019) through our website:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We encourage male candidates to apply.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Please note that the closing date of the applications is 22 June 2018 at 17 pm.
(01) ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Entrez votre domaine ici pour trouver une Offre d'Emploi dans une ONG